Sunday, February 23, 2014

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!!

On Wednesday Feb 12th…. it started to snow!

And our family could not have been more excited!_MG_9259

Maddox and Ryder was so excited….when it started they went running around in the back yard!….In a Superman costume of course!

_MG_9267

Watching it from the window!

IMG_4671

I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!

_MG_9271

Mid day…we had enough to go sledding!!

_MG_9284_MG_9292

The boys LOVED sledding!

_MG_9294_MG_9299_MG_9301_MG_9302_MG_9308

I wish I could just bottle up Maddox’s excitement playing in the snow!  He giggled the whole time!!

_MG_9309_MG_9311_MG_9314_MG_9324_MG_9362_MG_9376

Snow Angel!!!

_MG_9390_MG_9404

My first snow angel….I honestly don’t ever remember doing one before!

_MG_9425_MG_9428

Our traditional snow picture….I’m pretty sure this will be the last year Chris can throw him up in the air!

After we came in…it started sleeting and the 8-10 inches of snow they were calling for was starting to seem slim.  We were SO disappointed…we only had about 3 inches and the sleet was beating that down to nothing.

But on Thursday morning…I woke up to the most beautiful sight! Huge snowflakes pouring down outside my window.  I excitedly woke Chris up!  We are like kids when it comes to snow!  It snowed heavy for the next few hours and we ended up with our 10+ inches!!  My boys had never seen snow like this. 

IMG_4691

I made liver mush casserole and blueberry cream cheese stuffed french toast.  Mom and Dad came over and ate with us.  It was the perfect morning!!!

_MG_9433

 

_MG_9435_MG_9442IMG_4677

The view from my bedroom window!

IMG_4679

Yummy Potato Soup for supper!

IMG_4696

We set the bowl out to try and get some snow for snow cream!

IMG_4710

IMG_4719

Ryder is almost waste deep in snow!  He didn’t love walking in it!

That night we did some Super Fun sledding….my cousins have the longest driveway and it is a great hill.  The conditions have to be just right to sled on it and for the first time in 10 years….it was.  The boys LOVED it….it feels like a roller coaster ride…with a lot less control!  We had to bail out a few times to keep from going in the creek at the bottom!  Fun times!

Now that we have had our big snow…I have SPRING FEVER!!!! Hurry up Spring!!

Thank you God for this beautiful snow and the extra time it gave me to spend with my family!!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I feel the same way, Kimmie! One good romp in the snow, and then it's time to bring on the Spring! :)