Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Weekend Getaway...posted a few days late!

On Friday after working all day we packed up & headed to Boone! We were invited to go with some friends who we like "to do life with." (I heard that phrase love it so I'm probally gonna wear it out). After the extremely long ride of 1.5 hours, we arrived at our destination (a beautiful cabin), got settled in & stayed up chatting for a while.


Saturday all the girls just lounged around, watched movies and munched on junk food!! That evening Chris, me, Ashleigh and David went skiing at Sugar Mtn. Yes, they still had snow, but it was the last weekend they were going to be open. It was so much fun!!! I haven't skied in years but I felt like I just picked right back up on it. I think it's like riding a bike, once you learn you can always do it. You may be a little rusty at first but it all comes back to ya!



Sunday morning I cooked breakfast for everyone! I know that sounds like a lie but I really did!! I'm trying to conquer my cooking fears!! WE had chocolate chip pancakes ( my fave), bacon & eggs!! It was scrumptous!! After breakfast/brunch we cleaned & packed up & then relaxed for a few more hours before it was time to head home. Short trip but loads of fun!!



Maddox had a blast b/c he got LOTS of attention!! He was so good but we did have to put him in the bed with us one night b/c he wasn't really feelin sleepin in the pack n play. Can't say I blame him, it's just not his cozy crib!








No comments: