Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Events of This Weekend (and Last Weekend)

 

So, I feel I am getting better and better about blogging which I am really excited about.  It is so fun to go back over the last 6 months and look thru the archives.  I love to scrapbook but find that i never have time to keep up with it, so I love having my online scrapbook!  I said all that to say, I still get behind!!  So this blog will once again be combined with past events (at least there only from last week)!

Last Friday night I got off work about 6:30 and rushed home and then rushed to a birthday party for my friend Melinda’s 2 girls Payton and Sydni.  I am sad to say this is the only picture I have from the party.  I didn’t do so good, but in my defense, I was busy trying to keep Maddox from falling in the pool.

 IMG_7331

This picture makes me laugh so hard!! Brennan is so funny!!  Not any friend would smear chocolate all over there mouth just for a picture!!

IMG_7335

On Saturday I worked until about 4 and then we headed to Target to buy some shower gifts!!  We made a stop at the grocery store so I entertained Maddox while Chris went in.  Some of my best pictures are in the car b/c he can’t run away from me when he sees the camera! Ha!

IMG_7336 IMG_7337 IMG_7345 IMG_7346

He likes wearing my sunglasses but when I put his on he always yanks them off!

IMG_7350 IMG_7351

These were shot after church on Sunday morning.  Check out how high the fohawk was getting. (He got a haircut on Monday)

IMG_7356 

I’m not sure if this is a cry or laugh!!

 

On Sunday afternoon I helped give my friend Andrea a couples shower.  Her fiance wanted it to be fun and laid back since he had to be a part of it so it was at there lake dock.  We just snacked, tubed and relaxed in the water!!

 

IMG_4201 IMG_4206 IMG_4212 IMG_4252 IMG_4255 IMG_4262 IMG_4265

And that wraps up last weekend!!  Oh, except I went that evening and picked blueberries and I have to say that was very therapeutic!  I was out in the country and a breeze was blowing from a storm blowing in.  All I heard was the sound of nature!! And I was excited to be getting tons of blueberries b/c they are so good and very expensive when you buy them at the store.

Now to this weekend!!

IMG_4273

Saturday morning started out like this!!  I made a blueberry poundcake, potato salad, banana pudding (with nutter butters) and pasta salad.  Since I don’t ever cook, I am not good at keeping the mess under control and on top of that entertaining a one year old.  So take a good look at this kitchen, it is one BIG MESS!!  But, we had so much fun!!

IMG_4276 IMG_4277

Check out these dirty little feet!!  I promise my floors are not that dirty!! Ha!

IMG_4278 IMG_4284

IMG_4287

Don’t fret, he didn’t eat the raw cake batter!!  I did!!

IMG_4288 IMG_4292 IMG_4294

I didn’t lick this beater!

 

Saturday night we went to my friend Krista’s for a cookout.  One of our high school friends Jennifer and her husband and little girl was also there.

IMG_4298

Jennifer and Maddox

IMG_4303

Madeline, Elan, Maddox and Beckham

 IMG_4304 IMG_4306 IMG_4307

The Hostess!!

 IMG_4311 IMG_4316 IMG_4326

Krista gave me some of Beckham’s clothes for Maddox to have and this shirt was a 3T in the box.  Jennifer said “Kim, he could wear this now, I think it will fit him” so she went and put it on him!!  He looked too cute, like he was wearing a jersey.  Funny thing is, I think it does fit him!!

IMG_4328

Jennifer has her hands full.  Elan is 16 months and weighs about 10 lbs less than Maddox.

IMG_4329 IMG_4335

The serious picture!!

IMG_4340

The funny picture!!

Wow, I think this is the longest post ever. 

Today we went to my Aunt’s 70th Birthday Party and enjoyed catching up with family!

IMG_4353

This is my cousin Becky’s son Will and Tori

39178_1365153125675_1137046435_30855204_558504_n

IMG_4358 

This is Becky my cousin

IMG_4359 IMG_4365

My aunt Helen

 IMG_4366

My beautiful sister Laura and her husband Nathan

IMG_4367

Caine is growing up so fast!! He will be starting middle school soon!!

IMG_4368 IMG_4369 

Maddox loves it when Uncle Kevin does this!!

And finally, I am through!  I am now relaxing and enjoying a lazy Sunday evening!!

Happy Sunday to you!! Hope it’s been great!!

No comments: