Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4th Weekend

On Saturday, we headed to the lake for our annual family July 4th celebration.  I think this tradition has made the 4th become my favorite holiday.  It is a no stress holiday….you don’t have to buy gifts or spend the day going to 5 family get togethers.  It simply is a laid back enjoyable summer day!!  Family, lake, food, fireworks and fun!!

I will never pass up the opportunity to take a pic of Mawmaw holding one of my boys!!

041

Ryder slept the whole time we were at the lake!!

045

044

Baby Gage

048050

Little Laura and My cousin Lisa

054

Aunt JayJay

056059

This pic just speaks SUMMERTIME!!  Dirty face and all!!

063

All the kiddos having a blast in the water!!

065069071

Britt, Kevin and Chad

074

Looking good hubby!!!

077

Maddox had a ball playing with all his little cousins!!

078086089095

This face cracks me up!!  I didn’t kiss him…it is icing off of a cookie!!

099

Everyone was bombing each other with water balloons….I had on dry clothes and no bathing suit underneath and got soaked by a balloon.  I decided to retaliate with more than just a balloon!!

102103104

They caught a turtle!!

105

Daddy and Ryder!!  Precious!!

Sunday…I once again stayed home with Ryder while Chris and Maddox went to church.  I miss church but I think we should be fine to go next Sunday!!  Chris and I decided to have some friends over Sunday evening for a low country boil….we are kind of hooked on that meal lately!!  So Sunday, I got the house looking good and then enjoyed an evening of good food, laughs, and fun with friends!!

110113115

I broke out some of Maddox’s baby toys and Brayden and Elynd loved them!!

116117119

Keleigh and her MIL Deidra

123

Deana and her precious grandbaby…I know…she doesn’t look old enough to have a grandbaby!!!

124

Brayden and Jocelyn

125128132

David being himself crazy!!

134

Bobby was so good with Ryder…he loves babies and babies love him!!

135136

Bobby and Deidra…we love this couple…they are our elders at church!!

137

Monday…THE 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Our day started out  very low key and lazy…thankfully the whole day ended up being that way!  We had plans to go to my sisters house to the pool and to eat…we had to wait for Maddox to get up from his nap before we could go.  Maddox didn’t wake up until after 4 so by the time we got to my sisters…a huge storm was blowing in.  So no pool for us!!  We had a great time anyway!!  Anytime we are with family it is a good time…I’m so thankful for that!

139

This pic melts my heart!!

140142

All of Ryder’s 4th of July outfits were too big for him.  This was Maddox’s onesie….it was a little big but it worked!

143145

This fruit platter looked so pretty!

146150

Willow….she has the most beautiful eyes!152

153161163

163Maddox is finally here!!! 273

    RYDER                                                MADDOX

Maddox is finally here!!! 269Maddox is finally here!!! 270Maddox is finally here!!! 271

170

Maddox was so excited…he got to ride the trac-tor!!!  He is really into trucks, tractors, dump trucks, bull dozers, backhoes and all those kind of things right now…its too cute!!  Unc Kev is his hero right here!!

178

Well, that wraps up our 4th of July weekend!!  We had a great time with all our family and friends.  We are so blessed to live in this country and have the freedom to celebrate how we choose to!  I pray it always stays that way!!

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend - the pic of Maddox and Ryder melts my heart - how sweet!!! Hope you're having a great week!!